Thursday, August 23, 2012

Paul's Supernaturally Pre Reading

Title: Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Year Published: 2011

Synopsis: 
Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be...kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself. So much for normal.


Why?:  I am quickly reading through this series. It has surprised me so far.

Expectations: I enjoyed Paranormalcy, so I am hoping this is similar, but different enough. I like it when sequels don't just have the same formula as their predecessor with a few details switched around. Why is she back with IPCA? There better be a good explanation for that! I am glad Reth is back. He was an interesting character in the first book and there are so many unanswered questions about, not only, him but also the Faeries as a whole. The Faerie Courts sound really interesting. 

Judging a book by its cover:  I do not like this cover. I would not pick this book up in the store. But, I said the same for Paranormalcy.


-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment