Thursday, May 30, 2013

Irresistible by Raven Gregory - Paul's REVIEW

**An ecopy of this graphic novel was provided to me in exchange for a fair review from Diamond Book Distributors through NetGalley** 

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads


Title: Irresistible
Author: Raven Gregory
Illustrator: Sean Chen
Year Published: 2013

Synopsis: Allen Keeg was just another regular, heart-broken guy - just another face in the crowd. But after he's unknowingly given the supernatural ability to be completely irresistible to women, Allen's life is about to be changed forever! However, although the gift of unparalleled attraction seems like a blessing at first, it turns out to be a horrible curse that Allen can only get rid of by paying an ultimate price! 

Review:  I was surprised how explicit this graphic novel was. And also, oddly enough, Biblical. There was an odd use of religion and sex. This story brings up many interesting questions that really get you thinking. Questions of morals and wants/desires. This was a dark, dark comedy. I think.


I could see this being a really good dark comedy film by Diablo Cody. It reminded me of the 2000 film What Women Want, but a lot darker. 

I must add that you should not read this graphic novel on your computer at work. There is nudity. 

Although a lot darker that I thought it would be, I give this graphic novel a 3.5/5. If you are okay with nudity and like stories that bring up moral questions, this is a graphic novel for you. 

-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment