Sunday, June 16, 2013

Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Reached
Author: Ally Condie
Year Published: 2012

Synopsis: 
After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.


Why?: I read and enjoyed the first two books in this series, Matched and Crossed. And so I feel like I should definitely read the third book to find out how the story ends for Cassia, Ky, and Xander!

Expectations: I expect this book to be similar to the first two. Mostly romance in a dystopian society, with Cassia and Ky trying to find each other (again...). I'm hoping we learn more about the society in this one though. And also, what Xander's secret is!

Judging a book by its cover: I'm a huge fan of covers that match the rest of the covers in the series, and this one does an excellent job of that. On Matched, the girl is trapped in a bubble. On Crossed, she's punched a hole in her bubble. And finally, on this cover, she's free of her bubble. I would probably pick this up if I saw it on a shelf somewhere. It's simple, but effective.


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment