Saturday, August 31, 2013

Crewel (Crewel World #1) by Gennifer Albin - Paul's PRE READING

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Crewel (Crewel World #1)
Author: Gennifer Albin
Year Published: 2013

Ashley's Review of CREWEL

Synopsis: Incapable. Awkward. Artless. 
That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen-year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: She wants to fail. 

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen to work the looms is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to manipulate the very fabric of reality. But if controlling what people eat, where they live, and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and used her hidden talent for a moment. Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her dad’s jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because tonight, they’ll come for her.

Why?: I have wanted to read this book since it was released. I have heard only good things about it. The concept sounds so intriguing. I don't even understand what it exactly means. I like when science is conceptual in books. 

Expectations: I am expecting my mind to be blown or at least very entertained. I'm hoping to have a lot of questions about the world Albin has created. I want some high concept thinking, at least more than a normal YA sci-fi. 

Judging a book by its cover: This cover is absolutely gorgeous. I love the many colors and that I really don't know what it is. It almost looks like a flower, but maybe it's threads. I have seen the new covers and I do not like them as much. They aren't unique at all. I would and have picked this book in the store based on its cover. 

-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment