Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Book of the Night (Libyrinth #3) by Pearl North - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The Book of the Night
Author: Pearl North
Year Published: 2012

Paul's The Book of the Night Review
Paul's The Book of the Night Pre-Reading
My The Boy From Ilysies Review
My The Boy From Ilysies Pre-Reading
My Libyrinth Review
My Libyrinth Pre-Reading

Synopsis: 
The world of the Libyrinth has experienced a series of wrenching changes. After the Libyrarians and their longtime foes the Singers discovered their common heritage, a young healer named Po found the Lion’s Bloom, an ancient and enormously powerful artifact capable of rewriting reality. 


Behind the mysteries of their shrouded past has always been the legendary Book of the Night. Sought for generations, both feared and revered, it is the key to this world of wonders. When vain, grasping Queen Thela steals the Lion’s Bloom and imperils the very reality of the world, only the Book can heal what she has rent asunder. An epic journey through strange lands, a perilous encounter in a clockwork city, and the revelation of the truth beyond reality will lead those who find the Book to a moment when their world will either be saved...or cease to exist.

Why?: I read (and loved) the first two books in this series, and so I'm anxious to find out what happens next! Now that Po has found the Lion's Bloom, the Libryarians and the Singers are living together peacefully, and Queen Thela is trying to destroy everything they've worked for, I really want to know how the Book of the Night can help Haly and her companions win this battle. 

Expectations: Since The Boy From Ilysies was even better than Libyrinth, I have really high expectations for this one. Mystery and adventure and everything that the first two books had, plus more explanation of the world and the Book of the Night and everything. I think there will be higher stakes and more danger in this book, so I'm looking forward to that too.

Judging a book by its cover: This cover has a little bit of a steampunk feel to it, which is pretty interesting when compared to the other covers in this series. Instead of magical, will this book be more technological? I really appreciate that it matches the other covers in the series as well. I would probably pick it up if I saw it on a shelf, but I think the darker colors and the girl might make it blend in with all of the other YA fantasy books out there.


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment