Thursday, September 24, 2015

Queen Song (Red Queen #0.5) by Victoria Aveyard - Paul's Review


Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: 
Queen Song (Red Queen #0.5)
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Recent Release Date: September 1, 2015

REVIEW of Red Queen

Synopsis: Queen Coriane, first wife of King Tiberias, keeps a secret diary—how else can she ensure that no one at the palace will use her thoughts against her? Coriane recounts her heady courtship with the crown prince, the birth of a new prince, Cal, and the potentially deadly challenges that lay ahead for her in royal life.



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: I am a big fan of novellas that bridge the gap between releases of books in a YA genre series. It's nice to quench that thirst if only enough to survive. This novella made me more thirsty!


It took me a bit to get back into the world, but once I recalled how the characters in this novella relate to those in Red Queen I really got into it. I even now want a prequel to this. The king's paramour piqued my fancy. I would love the story of that king coming into adulthood. They were stable in the novella, but there had to have been drama to get there. 

I want a Prince Robert novella!

If you liked Red Queen and like me can not wait for Glass Sword, this novella will help that pain. It isn't a full meal though. 

I give Queen Song a 4/5. I'm excited for the next novella. And I'll be hoping for Prince Robert's story.  


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment