Thursday, June 15, 2017

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Vol. 3 (comic) - Paul's REVIEW



Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Vol. 3Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: 
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Vol. 3
Writer: Kyle Higgins
Illustrators: Hendry Prasetya and Jonathan Lam
Upcoming Release Date: November 4, 2016

Synopsis: The Green Ranger and Blue Ranger are lost in a mysterious world, as the rest of our heroes must try and track them down.

Tommy and Billy are lost in a mysterious land without their powers. With the world reeling after Rita’s attacks, Jason, Kimberly, Zack, Trini, and Alpha 5 must do all they can to save Zordon, and bring their missing friends home.



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This ongoing series is so good! I love how Higgins has taken such a staple of my childhood and brought it to the present with more modern and mature storytelling while keeping the fun and ridiculousness that is Power Rangers


This is the third volume, so it picks up where the last one ended. Lord Drakkon is a main focus of this volume. I love the design of his costume. And I am totally here for his backstory. I'm a big fan of alternate timelines and time travel, so it's exactly my cup of tea. 

There's a whole chapter in this volume that puts the main story on the back burner and focuses on one character, Billy. A different artist draws this chapter so there's a more personal feel to it. I liked it, but having less of the main story in this volume made me hungry for more. 

I really like the references to other seasons of Power Rangers. I won't go into details, but the last panel has two people standing next to each other that made me very excited.

The Ongoing Adventures of Bulk & Skull has another story at the end of this volume. It's a fun, cute story but I'd prefer more of the character stories than another comical slap comedy with those lovable antagonists.

I give this volume a 5/5. Higgins knows what to do with Power Rangers. My favorite ongoing comic series currently out there.   


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment